Thursday, August 5, 2010

Moments as the Mommy

While sitting on the edge of the bath tub,keeping Pencil out of the toilet with one hand, I listened to Sockie telling me his traits as an alligator.
S: My long mom! LONG tail!
M: Yup, very long!
S: My sarp tlaws, mom!
M: Dangerous!
S: My sarp teef!
At which point I look down to see two gleaming rows of little teeth open and reaching for my bum.
M: Alligator?
S: uhh? (mouth still open and looming)
M: Don't bite my bum with your sharp teeth, please.
S: WHY!?!?!?!

After retrieving Grapes from school we began the discussion of her day.
M: How was recess?
G: OH, Mom! I played the funnest game today.
M: What was the funnest game?
G: We played seeds! What we did was was just found some seeds and planted them so that they will grow into a giant and beautiful tree.
M: Seeds? Where did you get seeds?
G: We found little seeds on the playground. We planted them in a beautiful sunny spot and when it rains they will grow up so beautiful. They looked a little like rocks, but I know they were really seeds and tomorrow we'll see them growing!
M: Wow- that sounds fun! What else did you do at recess?
G: MOM! The seeds took up all the recesses and tomorrow they will too! It's hard work!
M: oh! ok!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted these moments! It's these types of conversations that ALWAYS give me the giggles. You have the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...