This weekend the Doctor had a retreat for work. It was a chance for all the new interns to get to know one another and have some time to 'let their hair down.' The hospital got rooms at a local resort for the 10 interns and their families. (read significant others, because only two interns have children. Joe and his wife have a one year old, and we have THREE kids.) There was a dinner at the nice restaurant and we got to stay in a nice hotel room. I was nervous about bringing kids and staying, but it was mostly a great experience.
The room they got for us was huge. (Thankfully. THREE kids, remember?) Sockie got to sleep on the transformer couch/bed. Very exciting. Grapes got a queen bed to herself. Pencil had plenty of room for his pack-n-play near the sitting area. The balcony overlooked the beautiful pool and desert view. PLUS- the bathroom was fantastic. I didn't get any bathroom pics though. The doctor and Grapes swam in the pool before dinner. Sockie was not interested (despite the new spiderman swim trunks) so he and I watched Disney channel while Pencil took a nap.
Dinner was in a private room in the nice hotel restaurant. Pencil whined to be fed the whole time-- two containers of babyfood and a million cereal puffs were apparently not enough. Sockie was playing all over- at the windows, under the table, on the nearby benches. And Grapes was crunching ice and flipping water with her straw... it was a zoo. Thankfully the group was pretty laid back, so I wasn't quite as self conscious about our kids. But mostly they did very well. They loved the triple chocolate mousse. (And I'm not not gonna lie- so did I!)
The power went off in the middle of the night because we had a big rainstorm. (the monsoons are not a myth!) so after putting us all back to sleep, we slept like babies. What a happy mini-vacation!
What an awesome retreat. And to think that we just went to the park and did Yoga and Tai Chi. I feel totally gypped. I'm so excited to follow your lives on the blog (and from Megan's constant updates;) Hope that you take good care of her this next week. I'm excited that you'll all be able to spend time together. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Whitney! You're incredible.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are now a blogger! I can't wait to hear more about what is happening with your family.
ReplyDelete