Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Growing Grapes




Grapes started first grade this week. FIRST grade!! Where did the time go?? Wasn't she just a baby in my arms or a bow-legged toddler?
She has enjoyed it (all two days so far) and I hope it is a great year for her. She is such a great, enthusiastic, and hard working girl!

BUT the other day she had a classic dramatic fit- she looked at us a shouted "I want what I want and you have to give it to me! NOW!" (With a foot stomp) The doctor and I just laughed at her. She was a little surprised, so she ended up laughing with us.

Sockie's new favorite song to sing is "Where is Sockie?" He will run down the hall and hide. Then when I sing "Where is Sockie? Where is Sockie?" he will run back to me and shout/sing "Hewe I am! Hewe I am!" (although to add dramatic effect he sometimes waits until I sing my first part 2 or 3 times) then I'll sing "How are you today, sir?" To which the song replies, Very well, I thank you. but He answers "Welcome Hank you." Then I sing "Run away run away" and he returns to the hallway for us to begin again. To his credit, he will give other people turns to be "missing" as long as he gets another turn too.
I love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...