But the rest of December- the regular life and family craziness- effortlessly glided into January.
I want to remember it, so I'm sharing with you.
We'll begin with Pencil.
Because with this monkey there are always a zillion tell-able tales.
He asked for cinnamon toast for breakfast almost every day one week. This is how he ate it:
At the grocery store he begged me to take a picture of the piggy milk. ?? (Strawberry Nesquick)
A few quotes:
1- "Mom, when were you born? The beginning of time?"
2- "How about you put on one of my socks and I put on one of my socks, Hashtag helping."
3- He gave me a one armed side hug and then sung into my ear, "Nationwide is on your side."
He plays hard and has an enormous independent streak. He doesn't want to wait for help, so he'll just do whatever it is all by himself. (like getting breakfast, or choosing clean (nearly clean) clothes for the day. He tries to sneak out of the bathroom without flushing or washing his hands. EVERY time.
His brain is always going a-mile-a-minute. He remembers quotes and jingles and repeats them all day long. It amazes me the obscure movie quotes he can get word-for word. He'll probably grow up to be a sales man the way he can sing a tune and help you remember a funny commercial from TV or the radio. But he told me he wants to grow up and work at his dad's office. The Emergency room counts as an office, right?
And Socks
This boy has become an avid reader, at least when he's not playing, building, sorting or reading about LEGOS.
Really, he's a reader after my own heart. Like three chapter books at once. (one at school and two at home) and he decided he IS Harry Potter. He looks just like his dad, but with his mom's eyes (green!) and he has a scar on his forehead. So obviously, dress-ups have been happening. Yay for old Halloween costumes.
He joined the running club at school and he is really liking it. Distance running? He must be his father's kid. They even ran a mile together the other day.
He is also still in gymnastics. He is gaining confidence, and his cartwheels are looking less and less like his round-offs. He works hard and really enjoys it.
She's growing up on me and I feel like time slapped me in the face with it.
She is less and less a fan of having her picture taken or sharing her life on the blog.
So I'll catch the moments I can and just pray I remember the rest.
She had a 5th grade spelling bee. She made it to the top 10, so she was able to move on to the district bee.
The district bee went well. She got out after 6 rounds of stiff competition.
She's a huge help at home, and her creativity knows no bounds.
Lastly, Feta
This beauty has been growing. She has rolls to spare. We I nibble her regularly.

She loves her dad's beard. When he holds her, she is touching it.

When I hold her, she is all wrapped up and we are trying to get things done.
I'm not sure she's really a fan though. Look at her down-turned eyebrows.
There will be more about our baby monkey in her "4 months old' post coming soon.
In December we also:
Had a ward Christmas dinner with an impromptu nativity.
Feta played Baby Jesus.
Pencil and Grapes were in the Angel Choir. Sock refused to participate and sat with me in the audience. Pencil was the naughty angel who hug out near the narrator.
At one point, Santa made an appearance. The narrator told me later that Pencil whispered in his ear (still during the program) "That's a FAKE Santa!"
I'm just glad the microphone didn't pick up that line.
We also got invited to a gingerbread house party.
There was so much frosting and candy I think we went home in a near-sugar coma- state.
Sock's house was on the plain side, so I asked him about that decorative choice.
He let me in on his secret. He shoved a bunch of sweets INTO the house, to help it structurally.
No need for aesthetics, here. Function above all else!
We also played in the snow. (and I learned how to work a snow blower!!)
Well, some of us played in the snow. Some of us had a hacking cough and watched from the front window.
Here's to January and a new year of learning and growing and hopefully documenting it along the way!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think: