We've been slightly absent. It doesn't mean we're gone or dead or any such nonsense. I'm just getting really good at procrastinating a blog update.
Today we had an exciting adventure, and I decided it was time to share it with you.
(someday we'll delve into the Trek experience, and the two week long trip to Utah and Wyoming.... but probably not today. I told you I was a good procrastinator!)
Moving on....
Today we celebrated the 4th ("Happy Birthday, America" said Socks groggily as he trooped downstairs this morning) by spending some time together at our local mini-golf/go-cart place.
We golfed...
Then, when my turn came, it started to sprinkle.
Then it really come down. Big, fat, mini-golf delaying drops.
We waited it out, and eventually finished nine holes. Sock got a hole-in-one, Grapes had many hole-in-two's and Pencil ran around and whacked bushes with his 'stick' because he finished putting his ball in each hole far before we could.
Then we rode the go-carts!
Grapes was tall enough to drive her own, but she wasn't sure how she felt about doing it. The first ride was her watching Dad, and learning the driving ropes.
A little nervous....
Feeling better!
So the next round, she ventured out on her own, while The Doctor took Pencil for a spin.
But the rain came back!
So that round was cut short.
Sock, who was sitting on a bench with me, was very upset that the rain was hampering his chance at a final ride. But a few minutes later the clouds cleared enough that he got to go out with his dad for a ride of his own. I think he liked it.
Grapes also got a free 'try again' ride because of the rain. By this point she was an expert.
I really was there, too. I just manned the camera, and then avoided the tiny go-carts that required sitting with your knees up in a tight space. This pregnant belly of mine was not going to fit! Wet Pencil and I decided to take a selfie while the other kids drove around. (He's come to REALLY like taking selfies... I have quite a few I need to share. Sometime....)
We have hopes of BBQ hamburgers and Fireworks later, but the rain my get to decide what happens next.
We love this country and we are thankful to be part of it.
HAPPY FOURTH of JULY!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think: