Monday, January 13, 2014

Family Game Night

We are still enjoying the tradition of Sunday night Family Game night in these parts. It is different now that we have 1:00 church, and much less time to just hang out after church is through, but especially yesterday it was a delight to just sit and think nothing thoughts. I baked cookies and we 'Troubled' the night away. (PS- that game takes just as long as SORRY, but with the added bonus of a metallic Pop-POP sound every time it is someone's turn.)

The Doctor and I were glad to be relaxing because we both had been asked to speak at church earlier in the day. I don't know why I get so nervous about these things, but I hadn't slept well the two nights before, and I had a lesson for the Young women to teach after my 15 minute talk, so.... coming home to make Spaghetti and Meatballs with Olive Garden Salad, and then cookies and Trouble. We definitely ended on a high note!

Last night's highlights included:

Pencil "troubling" Dad, and saying , "In your FACE!" then desperately pleading for his dad to be kind to him in the next round. Oh, Karma!

Grapes and Pencil battling it out for first place. Each kid needed a #1. After whispering "Please, please be a one!" Pencil came out victorious. He then treated us to a spontaneous BOO-YEAH dance that had everyone  in giggles.  I asked him to recreate that moment for you here:


Then, as Sock and The Doctor battled it out for third place, I happened to catch this gem:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...