Monday, December 12, 2011

Before I forget...

So dinner at our house is always an adventure. Many random things happen at the dinner table. One night, out of no where, Pencil puts one finger to his chin, then gazes meditatively out into the beyond.
Then he announces, "Idea!"




And then everyone had to chime in.

Another night at the dinner table

G: Hey, Pencil, can you tell us a joke?
P: Uh, knock knock
All: Who's there?
P: Joke



Maybe it's just our table... at breakfast this morning:

Grapes likes to eat runny-yolk eggs. I am not good at cooking them.
Today it happened to work out, and she was very excited. She showed Socks by cutting the egg and then squishing the yellow goo out.
He made a gagging noise and announced, "He puking!"




Pencil had a few days of yucky guts, and I was getting wary of any diaper changes. I took him into the bathroom (in anticipation of throwing him straight into the tub) and then I muttered to myself, "Ug. Liquid poop."  Grapes was in the hallway, and she thought I was talking to her. "What?"
Pencil answered, in full voice, "WICKED POOP!" 
He wasn't kidding.





And, just for fun, here is a quiz to see if your Pencil deciphering skills are any better than mine.
Each of these words was said, without any other context, and I was expected to know what he was saying.

1. Mofe
2. Way-nis
3. Pwee-thit
4. Hothey king
5. Wixit


Answers:
1. Smurf
2. Raisins
3. Play with it
4. Candy Cane
5. Reach it

If you got any on the first try, I am TRULY impressed. ( I, obviously, did not) He would repeat each word slowly, and look at me like I was mentally deficient. And I still didn't get it. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are funny!!! And Pencil's haircut makes him look so much more like Sockie it's crazy! Esp. since he's wearing his old shirt. I can't believe they're getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...