Saturday, November 5, 2016

Time Presses forward

August was a whirlwind of life. Life always seems like a whirlwind lately. 
I am not sure if it is a product of me keeping up with six humans *SIX?!?*
or if it's just that I'm getting old and less able to use my mental abilities for anything productive.

I have been reminded recently that I'm old enough to run for president-
But my kids would NOT vote for me because then they'd never have privacy again.
So there's that....


School started again. We are mostly fans of this modified year round set up, 
and this August the 4th brought a happy 7th grader, a perky 4th grader, 


a rowdy 1st grader and one soon-to-be-lonely nearly 2 year old.

School has worked out to be a success thus far. 
They are clever children, with a healthy dose of funny and kind, so I'm pretty darn proud of the lot.

And speaking of proud, this guy... he's a bit impressive, and I get to be married to him!
He ran not one, but TWO half marathons this summer. (and only 2 weeks apart... he's crazy)
But this was the inaugural White Mountain Half marathon, held right here in our own little town.
It was hilly, and ended on an uphill. But he did it!!


And this sweet thing volunteered to help make the event happen!
She actually got to sit at the end of the race and cheer the runners on to the finish.
So proud of the delightful human she is becoming.

We played at the carnival at the end of the race, and thy boys went nuts in the bouncy-ball outfits.
Can you see pencil in there?

Socks and Pencil  preparing to bounce at each other head on.
I didn't get a photo, but my favorite part was when Pencil got stuck upside down!


Feta just wanted to push the stroller around. Kid's got muscles!

 And the routines have settled in. We do homework a lot.
All of us. All my work is 'home' work.
The Doctor's homework is in the form of charts.
Feta's is crayon on any and every paper nearby.

The older kids do math and spelling and occasional art/poster projects.
(and more math and math and math, in the case of the oldest girl. Grapes in Math Counts, which is an accelerated math class for 7th and 8th graders that requires about 1 hour of homework a night. She's doing well though-- and talking about pursuing math related careers like architecture. 
It may or may not make my teacher heart happy.)


The monkeys continue to grow. It is imperceptible and overwhelming all at the same time.
They make me laugh!! They make me think and work and worry. 
This mom job!!




Just as a note on this one-- I don't get many pics of this Grapesie girl, but she's pretty great.
This is a mother-daughter party we had at church. We played a game where mom had to apply daughter's make-up for a date arriving in one minute. Only mom had to sit behind daughter and apply without a mirror. I hate to admit it, but she looks SO good. 



Other events of mention in August. 
This girl gave up bottles.

And I lost some teeth. I think it was violently done, but I wasn't awake so I can't be sure.
I survived- and all is back to normal, except now with more space behind my molars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...