Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Picture Perfect... or something like unto it


Grapes has been on an Oddysey Of The Mind team again this year. 
She and I got to travel to Flagstaff for the Regional competitons.

They got first place and we got to eat at Cafe Rio. It was pretty much the best trip.


My kids have been so good at being wonderful lately. (not 100% of the time, let's be real-- but so much more than I feel like I can expect... you know?)

Helping each other:



Hanging out together:

Stealing my phone for selfie sessions: 

Doing Feta's hair (thanks, Pencil!)

Trying to change a sister's bum: (wrong sister, but good try!)


We've also been having lots of fun around here. Spring is in the air, and when the wind isn't trying to blow us off the mountain we have been hanging out outside.
This is with our neighbor, H. and some oreos. 


We colored eggs for Easter



And these two stayed home with me while The Doctor took Grapes and Pencil to Tucson for the Odyssey State Competitions.  This is the only picture of the whole weekend because The Doctor and I both fell victim to one BEAST of a stomach flu virus.  He and Pencil spent lots of time in the hotel while Grape's team went on to earn a Third Place at State (just behind Grape's old Tucson school) So, sadly there are no pictures and there will be no more competition for Oddysey. 
Meanwhile Sock and Feta took me to subway for lunch, but then I decided not to eat anything else for a few days. It was, all in all, a weekend I would like to forget. 


These other pictures are just of things I'd like to NOT forget.
Feta has decided that she loves JoJo's Circus. It is a major flashback to Grape's childhood.
Our old DVD's and Grape's old doll are getting LOTS of good use. 
It makes my heart happy to have a 10 year reunion with the silly characters and strangely unforgettable little songs. AND thank you You Tube for having lots of old episodes at the ready!

She is getting so big! 
Her word explosion has included:
bwoc-lee (broccoli)
guck guck gook (duck duck goose)
goice (Grapes)
dorge (Curious George)
UP! (up or down. Good luck using context to figure her out)
noo-no (noodles-- or Amanda... ?)
min-um (minion)
uh-oh
ah-a-a-AH! (kind of like Ah-ha! but much cuter)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...