Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Three months!?!

This baby keeps growing- and although I've begged and lectured she will just not stay little.
She wants to sit up all the time (while being held, of course) and she can't be bothered to nap longer than an hour during the day.
She may already be strong willed and opinionated. Just like my other kids!
These are the hungry caterpillar jammies that all four of my monkeys have worn.
It was a bitter sweet day when we put them on Feta.

No- in all honesty, I may be guilty of begging her to hurry and grow up a little more. (The sacrilege of it all! I'm not following the advice of every mommy ahead of me: enjoy these tiny moments. I'm wishing them away.
I'm sure I'll regret it later, but in the here and now, I'm just ready to sleep a little more and meet her every need ALL day every day a little less)

She is a delight, to be sure.
She is teaching me again the things I thought I had already learned about being a mom and being a better human being.
She's had a cold, and I'm learning again to be patient when someone is not at their best (always...)
I'm learning to persevere (bulb syringe and baby boogies? yeah- try try again!)
I'm learning to compromise (lunch at 2:30 when I was hungry at noon and a full bladder will just have to wait!)
I'm learning  to listen. This is especially hard when one of us doesn't do much talking. But a listener needs to hear what isn't said, too.
I'm learning to keep going when I thought I was spent (and to rely on the Lord for help when I feel I can't go on)
I'm learning to let some things go. Sometimes what is most important comes first and the rest just doesn't.

I don't claim to have mastered any of it yet, and some days are better than others.
 I am glad she's here to teach me.











This was going to be the cutest smile face ever. Then my phone flash killed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...