Thursday, March 20, 2014

are we really that boring?

SO nearly a month has passed without a blog post from the Whitings.  What are we doing with our lives?? I know you are wondering. The thing is... I'm wondering too.
Time is sliding past us and we're just living through it. I don't know if the stories are thinner on the ground, or I'm getting worse at catching them.
The kids had parent/teacher conferences, and both teachers sang the praises of our brilliant children. (no actual singing, but that could have been cool) I'm proud of those kids of mine. They're pretty great.





We have spring break this week and next, and it very awesomely coincides with the Doctor's week of working overnights. So we try to stay quiet all day while he sleeps and I try to sleep all night while he's at work. It was fun this morning though, because we got to visit at the hospital and have breakfast with him at the end of his all-night shift. Yay for the Breakfast club finally meeting here in the mountains of AZ. (as a side note, if you were ever to eat at a hospital cafeteria, I HIGHLY recommend this one. Having eaten at a few hospitals myself, I am impressed with the consistent quality of the food here. No cheese burritos filled with nacho cheese at this place!) (It's no Mayo clinic, though.... THAT place's cafeteria was over the top. I mean.... really!!)

anywho... spring keeps teasing us. It's almost really nice outside. I'm still keeping my brain ready for snow though.... then there'll be no rude surprises.
We went shopping and ordered a new kitchen table and chairs. We only have 1 1/2 functioning chairs from the old set, so we decided it was time. ( also, Is it weird that I STILL cannot wrap my head around the fact that's we're grown-up enough to own a nice table and chairs, OR that we're old enough to afford them? How long will it be until the Doctor being an attending will not sound like a dream?)


And just to top off this post of evidence indicating that we are, in fact, the most dull people to read about:
Grapes has an appointment to get a hair cut tomorrow. Like a REAL haircut. dun dun DUN!!
stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...