Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Toosted

 
This post is dedicated to the funny things Pencil says. Like "toosted."
I still don't know quite what it means. It is not 'twisted' and it appears to be no more or less than
a handy word to say when there is nothing else to say. (Mary Poppins style...)
 

"Toosted" made its most recent appearance at our Sunday Game Night. We had a "Sorry!" rematch. After countless losses to the monkeys, The Doctor finally won. Sadly, this momma lost. That was when I was told I got 'toosted'.  It's ok with me though, because we had a great time playing and eating our pudding/oreo treat. 



 
Pencil word #2: Chother.
When The Doctor got home from work, Pencil pointed to him, then to me and said, "Hug yo chother." Then when we hugged he said, "Yes, huggy chother."
 
Pencil word #3: Schnuggle.
It just means snuggle, but it totally cracks me up that he has adopted a German accent for that word.
 
Pencil word #4: Jealous.
He leaped onto my lap the other day. His ease of movement is becoming more apparent. He has climbed to the very top shelf of the pantry, and all over any furniture. I asked him if he was
my agile monkey. He replied, "No, I'm jealous"
 
 
 He continues to get into trouble.
Like getting lego pieces stuck on his teeth, necessitating some pliers and patience to get it off again.
I was honestly afraid the tooth was going to come out with the little toy.
 
Or spending countless amounts of time in the corner for time-out.
He does not appear phased by this disciplinary action, and I am nearly at my wit's end.
How do you provide consequences for this un-dampenable spirit?

 
He has begun "Sunbeams" class at church. He is no longer able to play in the Nursery.
 He is expected to sit still and participate with his class.
No toys or treats. No freedom to wander and roam (and climb, I suspect)
 
He's not sure he likes this new class. There have been countless tears and
numerous positive rewards, but my mommy heart has nearly broken watching my perpetual happy guy show such sadness about going to church on Sunday.
 
(Incidentally, he informed me that Saturday is his fwave-wit day and Sunday is not.)
 
Here's hoping practice will help us all get this right.
 

2 comments:

  1. Poor Pencil and Sundays...hopefully it gets better. I do love his words though and great pics. I think I will join you next time for pudding-Oreo dessert/game night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaah he kills me... that Pencil....those pudding treats look DELIGHTFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...